Have been since my teenage years. Some might call me fanatical. But there is nothing better than grabbing a starbucks on a solo afternoon and hitting the thrift stores hunting for treasures. I get so excited about it that my face gets flush and my heart starts racing. Weird, huh? It's true it just ignites something in me. It's the thrill of the hunt!
So here is my recent loot:
Ohhh I'm so excited about this bunch of goodies. Let me tell you more about them.
1. 3 tin pails in blue, red and yellow. perfect for crayons, pencils and such for the boys desk. $.50 a piece
2. pink and green chalkboard elephant also for the boys desk. $1.50
3.adorable yellow and white houndstooth pair of large pillowcases. $1.50
4. vintage yellow and white bowl with lid. Perfect for some of my fabric notions $.40
5. the most awesome turquoise parrot on stand with feathers. I LOVE it! $1.00
6. Miscellaneous white china in various patterns and shapes. This is for an Anthro inspired project that I share below. total $2.25
7. Red airway vintage suitcase that is in the most incredible shape! I already have some fabrics folded and in it or I would have shared a pic of it open. This is going to sit in my craft area. $5.00
8. Stackable tins for more crafting goods $1.50
And my very favorite find is most definitely the pretty bird.
I have plans for a couple of the things already. The dishes were bought specifically to make another one of these:
This one sits on my craft desk and hold my odds and ends. It was inspired by one I saw at Anthropologie with a huge price tag. It would be lovely spot for cupcakes too.
I've also already gotten to one of the pillowcases of the set. I cut it in half, stuffed and then sewed the sides back up to make a long pillow for the playroom bench. And I still have lots of pillowcase to work with. I'm still contemplating if I'll make another pillow out of the other half.
Well that's it for my finds this week. Could you possibly thrift as much as I do? Tell me I'm not the only addict walking around!
Have a wonderful weekend. ♥