Saturday, January 8, 2011

DIY Latte

Raise your hand if you are a Starbucks fanatic.

You can't see me but both of my hands are totally raised.
I want a Venti vanilla latte every.single.day.

If I want my kids to have a college education I must find ulterior means of having one. Oh and I have the easiest, quickest, satisfying semi-homemade solution.
May I introduce you to my DIY Latte:


You will need:
-expresso or in my case strongly brewed coffee. I use Trader Joe's fair trade.
-your favorite creamer. Mine change from season to season but mostly vanilla.
-milk frother like this one from Ikea or emulsion blender if you don't have one
-your favorite mug. Mine is my heavily used and a loved Starbucks beauty.


Pour 1/4 cup full of your creamer and microwave about 40 seconds or so


next using your frother or emulsion blender go to town. I like mine super frothy.


Once a completely frothy dream, pour in your strong hot coffee of your choice.



now use your finger and make a pretty swirl



Now enjoy the yumminess that was not even near $5 and eases all guilt that your Starbucks caffeine addiction will steal away your children's' future.



A few tips:

-if you are using plain creamer or milk I recommend adding sugar or sweetener to it when microwaving. The creamer I use always provides enough sweetness for me without additions.

-To change it up a bit add in things like a bit of canned pumpkin and cinnamon for a pumpkin spice latte or a touch of real vanilla or peppermint extract for your different versions of your coffee house favs.

Enjoy my fellow caffeine addicted friends!

I'm linking up to:


Craftomaniac,



<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.com

BWS tips button

3 comments:

  1. I used to have one of those whipper things until my hubby showed my boys how to take it apart. I loved it! Question, where did you get your cup & plate and napkin?

    jdzjane@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. JdzJane, thank you so much for stopping by!!

    The cup is from Starbucks bought summer 09, the plate is a random discount store find and the napkin is by me. I have a set of 4 listed in my etsy shop. You'll see a link and them listed on the right hand sidebar if you are interested.

    Thanks again for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am in love with lattes, mochas, all that stuff!!

    I have nominated you for the stylish blogger award so feel free to hop on over and get your stylish blogger sidebar button!

    http://vintageskye.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I totally LUV comments!