Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Sweet {Birthday} Morning



Where did six years go? So hard to believe my oldest is aging this fast. Sometimes I wish I could just push pause and enjoy each sweet year just a little longer.

We started Caleb's birthday morning off with party hats and cake batter pancakes. He put on his birthday shirt that I made with some random iron-ons that I had and we ate icing & sprinkles in the A.M.

May I say that birthday cake batter pancakes are nothing short of divine.

Just substitute box cake mix for 1/2 cup of flour in your favorite pancake recipe (I used confetti mix for extra fun). Add powdered sugar and milk with generous amounts of sprinkles to make the pourable icing. All it's missing is a candle!

I think I like it better than a full on cake even.

This is now our newest sweet birthday tradition. Though I'm not sure I can wait 'til the next birthday to have those pancakes again:)

Happy of Happiest Birthdays to my first born who makes me feel so proud to be a Momma everyday!




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love this post! So, so sweet! Happy birthday to Caleb! I'm SO making those pancakes this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete

I totally LUV comments!