I mean like Whoa! I just recieved the Stylish Blogger Award! What a wonderful surprise!
By accepting this award I agreed to the following 4 rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
I am so honored to receive a Stylish Blogger Award from the ever-so-lovely blogger Nifty Thrifty Things. Danke Schoen!
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
1. I love Jesus. As I've grown in relationship with Him my life has never been more full of grace, gratitude and love. It helps to go to an amazing church: Crossroads where religion is not the name of the game, but He is. Their offbeat ministry reaches this offbeat girl in a real way.
1. I'm a twin! I have a twin brother named Cameron who actually lives a street away and we have sons less than 6 months apart who are good buddies. It's nice to see him on a pretty regular basis and watch our kids grow up together.
2. I've married by high school sweetheart at a very young age: 17 (gasp!). He was heading off to the Air Force and we were bound and determined to stay together. So we've been married 13 years now and have two wonderful little boys. Looking back I have no idea what we thought we were doing getting married that young, but it's worked out well and we love our life together:)
3. I'm 1/4 Korean. You can not tell by looking at me per say but it's apparent in the shape of my eyes and face which I have passed down to my boys. My Grandmother is 100% and met my Grandfather during the Korean war while he was over there. I'm so proud of my Korean heritage. Isn't my Grandma & Grandpa the cutest?
(right around the time they got married)
4. I balance my life with staying home with my boys and working part-time for a couture bridal accessory designer. I've been there the last five years and went PT after having my second baby. One fun perk is I get to go to Bridal Fashion Week twice a year in New York city to set up a showroom to sell our product to Bridal Salons all over the world. Every October during that week Martha Stewart throws a big 'ol party for the wedding industry and I've attended the last five years with the designer and my colleagues. The parties have been held in some awesome venues like Tavern on the Green, The Plaza and this last October it was at the Martha Stewart headquarters.
(taken with his assistant's camera phone)
5. My Grandparents adopted me and raised me and my twin brother in their senior years. I couldn't have more respect for them. The sacrifice of spending their retirement years raising a set of twins when they has already raised 4 children, has greatly attributed to who I am. My gratitude is beyond measure.
6. I consider myself somewhat of a Hippie. I eat as close to the earth as possible, smoothie regularly, make my own baby food, recycle my old clothing into other things, love peasant skirts and advocate world peace.
7. I'm addicted to by Chucks (converse) shoes for my boys. They have them in array of colors and patterns for every size they grow in to. Maybe we have 20 or more pairs between the two of them??
Whew! I feel incredibly exposed sharing all that, but wonderful all at the same time.
3. Award 15 recently (or sorta recent) discovered great bloggers.
That's gonna be a toughie as there are some seriously inspirational peeps blogging it up out there.