Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mission: Bloom The Shoes

Shoe Addict + Thrifty Girl=Shoe Renovation

I have lots of flats, but they've been really boring me lately. I needed something with more pizazz.

Red Felt Flower Pizazz to be exact!






Across the blogosphere I've seen lots of cute ways to enhance shoes so I decided to do something to a pair that had been abandoned in the back of my closet.


Here's a haphazard how-to of how I haphazardly did it:) Make sense?

Mission: Bloom the Shoes
Target: Black and White Tweed flats (Isaac Mizrahi for Target)
Weapon: Felt and my conquer-the-world-glue-gun.

-Taking a red piece of felt, I free handed across the widest part, a wavy line like such about 1 inch from the bottom:



-the first strip had a longer tail as it will be the start which created the bud.

-the next strip I cut was straight as the wavy bottom was left. So I went up from the bottom another inch and make a straight cut. Then the next strip was a wavy one and so on.

-once I had my strips cut I rolled them and glued every so often to secure them. I Kept adding strips to the roll and arranged it to look how I liked. Once the flower was large enough I used my scissors to trim and shape as necessary. I then used my glue gun and created an x to keep the flower in tact.




-Then I hot glued to my desired place on the shoe and VIOLA!







So much cuter! MISSION COMPLETE.




Dragonfly DesignsMake it Yours @ My Backyard Eden





CreativeShareWednesdays



giveaways


post signature


5 comments:

  1. JEALOUS! That is AMAZING. I never see crafty things that make me drool. I always appreciate the talent and wish I had it... but I usually don't get JEALOUS! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww..thanks Anna! So glad you are here! Anyone--crafty or not could do this one. Try it out and let me know if I can help:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out super cute!

    Popped over from the creative share blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! I love felt! :)
    I am a new follower.
    I hope you come by for a visit.
    Cheers!
    Jen
    www.cariboobutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete

I totally LUV comments!