Sunday, March 20, 2011

{Lunch Box} Gratitude

I don't have to tell you Mommies out there that raising kids is HARD. So unbelievably fulfilling, but sometimes so very hard. Having two rambunctious boys keeps me on my toes and a wine glass promptly in my hand at 8pm. Kidding.


No I'm not.


A day where I don't get out of my pajamas and my hair never sees a comb because I'm too busy begging my boys to heed the words coming out of my mouth, can be exhausting. Then when you've tucked those punks into bed and are salivating over the thought of your own, so thankful that night has fallen after such a crazy day, you see this when you go to clean out your son's lunch box:




A sweet, little response from my Kindergartner to the one I put in his lunch everyday.

Every timeout I had to give, every mess I had to clean up, every brother brawl I had to break up, every bathroom break I did not get is so completely forgotten. My heart melts into a gooey puddle of ridiculous love for my boys and I am overcome with gratitude to be cast in the greatest  role of my life: Mommy.


I know you must feel the very same.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I totally LUV comments!